2021 CBC Training Dates and Allowances
The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) has issued a circular on the 2021 training of teachers on the Competency Based Curriculum (CBC). According to the latest circular from the Commission, the training will start from 25th May to 4th June, 2021.
The CBC training will involve both face to face and virtual training.
CBC Training Dates In 2021
The teachers will be trained for five (5) days in the dates shown below;
|Training Date||Training Mode||Venue||Activities|
|25/05/2021 to 27/05/2021||Virtual||Virtual||Training of CSO and CBC champions using Microsoft teams (regular) and Training of SNE CSO and SNECBC Champions using Microsoft teams.|
|31/05/2021 to 04/06/2021||Face to Face||Zonal level||Zonal training of Teachers (Regular)|
|31/05/2021 to 04/06/2021||Face to Face||Zonal level||Zonal training of Teachers (SNE)|
Mode of Training
The training will take a cascade model and will be conducted in three stages;
- The Master trainers will train the Curriculum Support Officers (CSOs) and CBC Champions (both regular and SNE) at the County Level virtually using Microsoft Teams for 3 days from 25th to 27th May 2021. The links will be provided
- The CSOs and CBC Champions (both regular and SNE) will train teachers through face to face following the with adherence to MOH COVID 19 prevention protocols for 5 days.
- They should have at least 15 teachers per training room.
Targeted teachers to be trained
The target groups for the training will be 2 teachers and the Head teacher from each public primary school as follows;
Zonal training of teachers will begin from 31st May- 4th June 2021physically, with training.
- Head teachers from regular and SNE schools.
- One Teacher from grade 1 to 3 and one teachers from grade 4 to 5 (Regular schools)
- One Teacher from grade 1 to 3 and one teachers from grade 4 to 5 (SNE schools) based on the table provided below.
See what the targeted teachers will earn in allowances here
Roles Regional and County TSC Directors
- Officially Invite Head teachers to be trained for 5 days.
- Identify and invite the teachers to be trained for 5 days through their Head teachers officially.
- Keenly take consideration on the selection of SNE teachers as guided by SNE CSOs in your county based on the table provided below.
- Identify suitable venues with the CSOs and Sub county Directors for training
- Facilitate the venue organizers to prepare all the teachers’ meals and teas coordinate the training materials on time.
- Coordinate and monitor the teacher training sessions
- Prepare and provide guidance to teachers on the training logistics as advised by the finance directorate from the Head Quarters.
- Prepare and submit the training report.