Basic Salary Scales of TSC Senior Principals (T-scale 14) and How To Become One
Senior Principals head County Schools, whose enrolment exceed five hundred and forty (540) students. The position of a senior principal is only found in high schools, upon promotion.
Responsibilities of a senior principal
- Overall management and administration of the institution.
- Lead educator within their institutions
- Operational management of their institutions.
- Development and implementation of educational plans, policies and programs of the institution.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of curriculum activities of the institution
- Chief Accounting officer of the institution
Minimum Qualifications To Be a Chief Principal
To be promoted to the position of a senior principal, a teacher must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be serving under career progression guidelines, CPG
- Must have served as a principal at job group D3, T-scale 13, for a minimum period of three years.
- Must be currently serving as a principal in a sub county school.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in education or Bachelor of Science or arts degree plus a post graduate diploma in education.
- Must have satisfactory rating in the performance appraisal and performance contracting process
- Must have demonstrated ability to supervise, mentor and provide professional support to other teachers.
- Must meet the requirements of chapter six of the constitution.
Currently, the lowest earning principal at job group D 4 (T scale 14) earns ksh. 118,242 while the highest earning gets ksh. 121,890 per month. These salaries are as summarized in the table below.