Education Courses To Last 5.5 Years in New TSC Proposal
The teachers service commission, TSC, has submitted to KUCCPS among other Proposals that those wishing to pursue education degree should pursue bachelor of arts or bachelor of science with education for a duration of five and a half years. Read the full proposal on the new structure of education below.( Read full proposal here).
The Commission wishes to propose that the Education Course be structured as follows:
1.Each student pursuing education should have 3 teaching subjects that is 2 major subjects and one minor subject for cost effectiveness and proper utilization of the teacher. This will assist the Commission to handle the new areas that have been introduced in the Competency based Curriculum for Junior and Senior Secondary school. For example, Biology chemistry and community service or life skills education or PE.
BACHELOR OF ARTS WITH EDUCATION DEGREE (BAE)
- The whole course to take 5% years with the following Requirements in the Subjects areas: –
2.2.1 Mean grade of C+(plus) at KCSE or equivalent, C Plain in English and Kiswahili and Mathematics.
2.2.2 In addition, every student should have at least B-or equivalent In three subjects chosen from English, Kiswahili, Literature, History and Citizenship, Geography, Christian Religious Education, Islamic Religious Education, Hindu Religious Education., Business Studies, Mathematics, Arabic, French, German and Indigenous, PE, Visual Arts, Performing Arts, Sign Language/Kenya sign language, Social Studies, Community service learning and Life skills.
- Every student will be requiring to undertake the following professional courses: Curriculum Development, Psychology in Education, Sociology in Education, Foundations in education, Measurement and evaluation, planning and educational economics, Performance management, Mentorship and coaching, Education action research and educational leadership Micro teaching.
- Every student will be required to undertake 2 full terms practicum of 6 months after completing the 5-year course.
- Every student will be required to pass in all the core units and electives in each of the 3 subjects undertaken. They must have covered at least 12 units in each of the 3 teaching subjects.
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE WITH EDUCATION DEGREE (BAE)- (Pure and Applied Sciences)
- The whole course to take 5% years with the following Requirements in the Subjects areas:
6.1 Mean grade of C+(plus)at KCSE or equivalent C Plain in English, Kiswahili and Mathematics.
6.2 Every student should have at least B-or equivalent in three subjects chosen from Mathematics, Physics, Physical Sciences, Chemistry, Biology, ICT, Computer Science, Agriculture, Integrated Science, Health Education, Sports and Physical Education.
TSC Proposal To KUCCPS on Reviewed Placement Criteria to Degree, Diploma, Tvet Courses in Education
Second Revision of Courses For 2021 KCSE Candidates to Begin Next Week
Acquiring Education Degree Gets Easier As KUCCPS Reviews Minimum entry requirements for degree courses
KUCCPS Courses-Universities, Course Information, Clusters and Minimum qualifications Per course
TSC Proposes Scrapping Of Bachelor Of Education Degree
Oriwo Boys’ to know fate of 2021 KCSE results in a month
Top 150 Schools Nationally in KCSE 2021
List Of Head Teachers & Principals Retained For 2 Years By TSC After Retirement Per County
KCSE 2021 Results/ Grade Analysis Per School
6.3 The whole course will take 5 % years with the following Requirements in the Subjects areas:
6.4 Mean grade of C+ (plus) at KCSE or equivalent C Plain in English, Kiswahili and Mathematics.
6.5 Every student should have at least B-or equivalent In three subjects chosen from Pre-technical and Pre-Career Education, Agricultural Technology, Crop Production, Animal Keeping, Foods and Nutrition, Home Management, Garment Making and Interior Design, Aviation Technology, Wood Technology, Carpentry and Joinery, Electrical Technology, Electricity, Electronlcs, Metal Technology, Power Mechanics, Motor Vehicle Mechanics, Leather Work, Halr Dressing and Beauty Therapy, Plumbing and Ceramics, Welding and Fabrication, Building Constructlon, Metalwork.
- Every student will be required to undertake the following professional courses: Curriculum development, Psychology in education, Soclology In education, Foundations In education, Measurement and evaluation, Planning and educational economics. Performance management, Mentorship and coaching,Education action research and educational leadership.Micro teaching.
8.Every student will be required to undertake 2 full terms practioun of 6months after completing the 5-year course.
9.Every student will be required to pass in all the core units and electives In each of the 3 subjects undertaken.They must have covered at least 12 units in each of the 3 teaching subjecs
Thanks for reading our article. Funds From this blog goes towards needy children. Kindly Support them by clicking the button below: