Embu KMTC Branch Background Information
Embu KMTC Branch was established in the year 1975 by the British missionaries as Embu Health Training College. It was not until 1987 that KMTC assumed the management of the college from sister Barry and baptized it as Embu KMTC Branch.
Embu KMTC Branch was then offering only a course, certificate in Kenya Enrolled Community Nursing.
Embu KMTC Branch was opened officially under a grand ceremony led by Hon. Kenneth Matiba in the year 1987.
Embu KMTC Branch location
Kenya Medical Training College, KMTC, Embu branch is located along Embu-Meru highway about 0.95 km from Embu town. The Embu KMTC Branch is exactly behind the Level Five Hospital of Embu.
Embu KMTC Branch Current Programmes
- Higher Diploma course in Clinical Medicine and Surgery
- Diploma course in Clinical Medicine and Surgery
- Diploma course in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Diploma course in Environmental Health Sciences
- Diploma course in Community Health Nursing
- Diploma course in Community Health Nursing (Distance Learning programme)
- Higher Diploma course in Clinical Medicine and Surgery – Family Health
- Higher Diploma course in Family Health Nursing
- Higher Diploma course in Pain Management
Embu KMTC Branch Facilities
- well-structured library with unlimited swift internet connectivity both the students and the staff.
- well-furnished computer lab for all time knowledge quest.
- Completely equipped skills labs
- Spacious and adequate Classes
- Well decorated conference rooms with proper lighting, boards and projectors
- Strategically placed staff offices
- Spacious dining hall
- Modern Staff quarters
- a competent house keeper within the student’s hostels.
- Adequate students hostels for easy accommodation
Embu KMTC Branch Student Population
Currently, Embu KMTC Branch has above 1000 students and the population is expected to rise higher.
Embu KMTC Branch Clinical Experience Centres.
Embu KMTC Branch students rely on County Teaching and Referral Hospital of Embu for clinical experience practices.
Other attachement areas include Kibugu health center, Kiritiri health centre, and Kianjokoma health centre.
Embu KMTC Branch Clubs and Societies
- Embu KMTC Branch Changerz club, which focuses on behavior change for users within and without Embu KMTC Branch.
- Embu KMTC Branch Student Facilitating Club (STUFFAC) gives guidance to students throughout their stay at Embu KMTC Branch.
- Embu KMTC Branch Seventh Day Adventist
- Embu KMTC Branch Christian Union
- Embu KMTC Branch Young Catholic Students
- Embu KMTC Branch Muslim Association
- Embu KMTC Branch President’s Award
Embu KMTC Branch sports teams
- Embu KMTC Branch volleyball team
- Embu KMTC Branch football team
- Embu KMTC Branch basketball
- Embu KMTC Branch rugby
- Embu KMTC Branch netball,
- Embu KMTC Branch indoor game teams like darts, chess, badminton, scrabble and table tennis among others.
Embu KMTC Branch Contact Details
KMTC Embu Campus
P.O.Box 923 – 60100
Telephone: +25471573515/ +254791573515/ +254775330598
E-mail address: [email protected]