How to Apply for Preferred Course on KUCCPS Online System
The government on Thursday opened the window for application of courses on the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) online system.
KUCCPS coordinates the placement of government-sponsored students in universities and colleges in Kenya.
KUCCPS announced that the application should be done via the student’s portal student.kuccps.net
“The wait is over! The @KUCCPS_Official portal is now open! It’s time to apply for your preferred course in an institution of your choice. Keep it here for updates,” read the notice.
Students apply to be placed in universities, TVET institutions, Kenya Medical Training College [KMTC], Teachers Training College [TTCs] and Open University of Kenya.
How to apply
- For one to apply, one should log in to the student’s portal using the KCSE index number as the username, enter the KCSE year and Use Your Birth Certificate No. OR KCPE Index No (as used in KCSE Exam Registration) as your Initial Password
- The student should select the programmes and move the ones that interest them into the Course Basket.”This will enable you to work with a shorter list when preparing your final list of courses to apply for.”
- Once one is settled on preferred courses, they should enter the programme codes.
- “Use the Application/Revision tab to enter the programme codes.”
- All programmes have minimum subject requirements. One will only be able to apply for a course whose minimum requirements they met, but the selection will be determined by the overall performance and the available capacity.
- Once the applicant settles on the preferred courses, they are required to enter the programme codes.
- You can write the code down for application later or add the programme to your course basket by clicking the button marked “ADD” next to the course.
- The saved courses can be accessed by either clicking the menu item marked “Course Basket” or on the icon marked “Basket”
- You can also search for courses by institution using the Institutions tab. However, the selection will be determined by the overall performance and the available capacity.
- After confirming that the Programme Codes entered are for the courses you would like to apply for, submit and follow the application fee payment instructions.
- The placement processing fee should be paid after one has selected courses as the applicant awaits approval.