How To Apply For Replacement Of Your Lost KNEC Certificate Online
It is now possible to apply online for replacement of a lost certificate and pay through your mobile phone.
KNEC has released guidelines that will facilitate faster replacement of lost certificates. Fees for each examination result certification letter will be ksh. 5,220, paid via M-pesa, through a unique pay bill number sent to that applicant. This fee was initially paid through KNEC bank accounts.
In the new guidelines, applicants will get their new certificates within 15 working days. Applicants who fail to meet all the requirements will not get refunded their money. This is unlike in the past when unsuccessful applicants would be refunded their money within one year.
Required Documents For Application Of Replacement Of Your Lost KNEC Certificate Online
- Copy of the lost certificate or result slip.
- Letter of recommendation addressed to the CEO KNEC by the head of the school attended, or sub county director or county director of education (for private candidates or candidates whose schools have been closed.
- Police abstract indicating loss of certificates.
- Legal affidavit on certificate loss
- Copy of national ID or passport. Those below 18 years can present a copy of birth certificate and a national ID of one of the parents
- A copy of identity confirmation from the registrar of persons
- A colored passport sized photo
- A letter of recommendation from the employer, where applicable, addressed to KNEC
Conditions for applying for replacement of Lost KNEC certificate online
- The name on the national ID, passport, or birth certificate must match the one used during the examination.
- Applicants who change their names legally must attach the legal documents used to change the name e.g marriage certificate.
- Sworn affidavits are not accepted.
Procedure for applying for replacement of Lost KNEC certificate online
- In your browser, preferably, chrome, type https://qmis.knec.ac.ke/externalLogin.aspx
- Log in using your user name and password. If you don’t have an account, click register to create one.
- Once in the QMIS portal, fill the required fields appropriately
- Upload scanned copies of all the required documents
- Click on the payment option. You will be given a pay bill number and a unique account. Complete the payment and feed in the M-pesa transaction code as required.
- Check after 15 days if your certificate is ready