How to update your TSC Teacher profile online
The Teachers Service Commission (TSC), has activated a portal for updating teacher profile and expects all teachers to update their profiles, online.
To update your profile;
- Go to the TSC online portal by clicking here the link; https://tsconline.tsc.go.ke/register/update-profile. a window appears that prompts you to enter your TSC number, ID number, surname and phone number.
- Fill in the required details and Click Next Page Button to Continue: the phone number must be active.
- enter the 4-digit verification code sent by TSC via SMS: This code enables the Commission to ensure that it is the respective teacher filling the online form before it updates your profile. Enter the code in the window below and click ‘verify’. In an event you failed to receive the code, select ‘send code again’. The code is a four-digit number.
- Proceed to ‘edit your application’. The following basic details will be required. Most details have been pre-loaded for you. Click ‘Next’ once done. You will see the success message ‘Your basic details have been updated, proceed to upload other documents’.
- The following details are required:
|2||Other Name (Optional)|
|7||Date of Birth|
|12||Home Sub county|
|18||Permanent Post Address|
|19||Permanent Post Code|
|21||Current Post Address|
|22||Current Post Code|
Once through, click next.!
- In the new window, you will update your Academic Qualifications Details. You will also be expected to upload a Minimum of 3 documents and a Maximum of 4. To update a document, click ‘choose file’. Locate the appropriate file in your storage and double click on it to upload it automatically. Click ‘save documents’ every time you upload a document. Repeat this process until you upload all the required documents.
- Below is the window for capturing your academic qualifications.
How to capture your academic qualification details.
Academic Qualifications Details
Under this section, you will be required to enter your education details. Once done with an institution, you will be able to add more institutions till you are done. Click next till you complete the process.
Ensure you have scanned the following documents and you can access them.
- ID or Passport in pdf
- KRA PIN Certificate in pdf.
- Passport Photo- (All in one pdf)
- Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) in pdf
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) in pdf
- Your Certificate from Tertiary Institution; Diploma, Degree or PGDE in pdf
- Transcripts- (All in one pdf)
- An Affidavit (in case there is a mismatch of your names in your documents). in pdf.
Summary of the Documents
|1||ID/Passport-(All in one pdf)||National Identity Card|
|2||Transcript-(All in one pdf)||Your Tertiary level transcripts|
|3||KRA PIN Certificate||KRA PIN Certificate|
|4||Passport Photo-(All in one pdf)||Your Clear Passport Size photo|
have the following details before you start filling your academic qualification section:
|S/N||Education||Institution||From||To||Specialization||Certificate||Certificate No.||Cert. Year|
- All sections of this online form MUST be completed in full.
- Please fill in all the required information.
- It is a serious offence to willfully give false information to the Teachers Service Commission. The law provides that any person convicted of the offence may be fined up to Ksh 100,000 or imprisoned for Twelve (12) months or both (Section 44 of TSC Act No. 20 of 2012).
- You can save part of this form and complete it on a later time if necessary.
- Scan and Upload Only the Required Documents:
- Only certified copies of original documents should be scanned and uploaded.
- For Expatriate Teachers, attach a letter of clearance from Ministry of Education Vetting Committee.