Kisii KMTC Branch Background Information
Kisii KMTC Branch was established in the year 1958 by the British colonial government. The objective of starting the Kisii KMTC Branch was to produce skilled professionals in dressing and nursing of wounds.
In the year 1972, Kisii KMTC Branch a certificate course in Enrolled Nursing, followed by certificate course in Enrolled Community Health Nursing in 1980.
In the year 1999, the Kisii KMTC Branch started offering a Diploma course in Registered Community Health Nursing, with a total annual intake of two intakes.
To generously fulfill the wish of Kisii elites, Kisii KMTC Branch introduced a Diploma course in Clinical Medicine and Surgery in the year 2000, followed by a Diploma course in Medical Laboratory Sciences in the third quarter of the year 2007.
Kisii KMTC Branch has most medical training equipment since it has enjoyed a lot of financial boost from the government of the republic of Kenya. This has enhanced quality among Kisii KMTC Branch students and alumni.
Kisii KMTC Branch location
Kenya Medical Training College, KMTC, Kisii branch, is located along Hospital Road in Kisii town, Kisii county. The Kisii KMTC Branch is proximal to the Kisii County Teaching and Referral Hospital.
Kisii KMTC Branch current Programmes
- Certificate Course in Medical Engineering
- Diploma course in Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing
- Diploma course in Clinical Medicine & Surgery
- Diploma course in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Diploma course in Orthopaedical and Trauma Medicine
- Higher Diploma course in Anaesthesia.
- A Diploma course in Medical Engineering
Kisii KMTC Branch Future projections
Kisii KMTC Branch Plans to introduce the following courses in the next intake:
- A diploma course in Medical Imaging Sciences
- A Higher Diploma course in Critical Care Nursing and Reproductive Health.
Kisii KMTC Branch Facilities
Kisii KMTC Branch has the following accumulated the following necessary facilities and is still striving to acquire more.
- A Well- fitted skills lab
- A well- stocked Orthopaedical workshop
- Adequate Modern engineering workshop for medical engineering students
- An all-purpose Medical laboratory for training practical medical skills
- Modernly designed Spacious classrooms
- Adequate apartment like Student hostels
- Multi-purpose Dining hall
Kisii KMTC Branch Student Population
Kisii KMTC Branch currently has about 1200 students, an enrolment that is likely to rise in the next intake.
Kisii KMTC Branch Clinical Experience centres
Kisii KMTC Branch students get most of their clinical experience at the Kisii County Teaching and Referral Hospital.
Rural practical skills are learned from the other sub-county hospitals and health centres within Kisii county and county hospitals in the other parts of the country.
Kisii KMTC Branch Clubs and Societies
- Kisii KMTC Branch Christian union students
- Kisii KMTC Branch catholic action
- Kisii KMTC Branch SDA students
- Kisii KMTC Branch Muslim students’ association
- Kisii KMTC Branch president’s award.
Kisii KMTC Branch sports teams
Since Kisii KMTC Branch recognizes the vitality in being physical fit, it has so far sponsored the following teams to participate in various Games activities and is ready to introduce more games at the will of the students.
- Kisii KMTC Branch football teams
- Kisii KMTC Branch volley ball teams
- Kisii KMTC Branch handball teams
- Kisii KMTC Branch basketball teams
- Kisii KMTC Branch netball teams
- Kisii KMTC Branch indoor teams, including; table tennis, chess, badminton, scrabble, and darts.
Kisii KMTC Branch Contact Details
KMTC Kisii Campus,
P.O. Box 1165-40200,
Telephone number: +254718451131
Email address: [email protected]