Kitui KMTC Branch Background Information
Kenya Medical Training College, KMTC, Kitui branch, was started in the year 2004 to satisfy the demand for medical related personnel Kitui and its environs.
Kitui KMTC Branch admitted its pioneer class of a Diploma course in Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing in the same year in September. The Kitui KMTC Branch has since witnessed a remarkable growth in terms of Programmes, infrastructure and admissions
Kitui KMTC Branch brags as one of the best medical institutions in units involving Family Planning education and Reproductive Health education.
Kitui KMTC Branch location
Kitui KMTC Branch is located about one 1 km from Kitui town, along the Hospital road, proximal to Kitui County Referral Hospital.
Kitui KMTC Branch current Programmes
- Certificate Course in Kenya registered Community Health Nursing
- Certificate course in Health Records and Information Technology.
- Certificate course in Environmental Health Sciences.
- Diploma course in Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing (KRCHN)
- Diploma course in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Diploma course in Clinical Medicine and Surgery
- Diploma course in Environmental Health Sciences
- Upgrade Diploma course in Health Records and information technology.
- Upgrade Diploma course in Environmental Health Sciences.
Kitui KMTC Branch Facilities
- Well networked Computer laboratory with stable internet connectivity.
- Multi-purpose Demonstration Laboratory.
- Modern skills laboratory, fitted with adequate dummy facilities.
- Ultra-modern Administration block
- A Spacious library, with all the most current books.
- Well maintained College bus
- An alternative pickup to boost transport.
- A modern technology generator for Power back up.
Kitui KMTC Branch Student Population
Currently, Kitui KMTC Branch has close to 2000 students and the population is projected to increases sharply in the coming intakes.
Kitui KMTC Branch Clinical Experience centres.
Kitui KMTC Branch students seek their clinical experience mainly from Kitui County Referral Hospital, which has almost all the medical facilities required by the Kitui KMTC Branch students.
Clinical experience is also obtained by the Kitui KMTC Branch students from the following centres: Mutomo Mission Hospital, Ikanga Health Centre, Mbitini Health Centre, Mwingi Level IV Hospital, Machakos Referral Hospital, Portriez Hospital, Miambani Health Center, Migwani Sub-county Hospital and Mathare Mental Hospital
Kitui KMTC Branch Clubs and Societies
- Kitui KMTC Branch Christian union
- Kitui KMTC Branch catholic action
- Kitui KMTC Branch Muslim students’ association.
- Kitui KMTC Branch SDA students.
- Kitui KMTC Branch red cross society
Kitui KMTC Branch sports teams
The following sports teams are currently at Kitui KMTC Branch.
- Kitui KMTC Branch Football teams
- Kitui KMTC Branch Basketball teams
- Kitui KMTC Branch Handball teams
- Kitui KMTC Branch Volleyball teams
- Kitui KMTC Branch Hockey teams
- Kitui KMTC Branch Netball team
- Kitui KMTC Branch Rugby team
- Kitui KMTC Branch indoor teams like Table tennis, Lawn Tennis, Badminton, Scrabble, Drought, Chess and Darts.
- Kitui KMTC Branch Athletics teams.
Kitui KMTC Branch Contact details:
KMTC Kitui Campus,
Telephone number: 020 3503234/ +254791360299.
Email address: [email protected]