Kombewa KMTC Branch Background Information
Kombewa KMTC Branch was started in the beginning of the year 2016, thanks to the Board of Directors KMTC, Seme Constituency development fund under the authority of Dr. James Nyikal as the area MP, Management of the Kombewa Sub- County Hospital and the professional elites of Seme community.
The land that hosts Kombewa KMTC Branch was a donation from the National Government and Seme Constituency.
Construction of the Kombewa KMTC Branch was started in July 2016 and admission of pioneer students occurred in September of the same year. The pioneer students were admitted for a diploma course in Medical Laboratory Sciences.
Kombewa KMTC Branch Location
Kenya Medical Training College, KMTC, Kombewa branch is located along Kombewa-Bar Korwa road, off Kisumu-Bondo road within Kisumu county. Kombewa KMTC Branch is exactly opposite Seme south central location Chiefs office.
Kombewa KMTC Branch current Programmes
- Diploma course in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Diploma course in Community Health Nursing
- Diploma course in Clinical Medicine and Surgery
Kombewa KMTC Branch Future Programmes
The Kombewa KMTC Branch plans to introduce the following Programmes very soon:
- Diploma course in Physiotherapy
- Certificate course in Medical Engineering
- Certificate course in Orthopedics Technology
- Post Basic Diploma course in Clinical Pediatrics
Kombewa KMTC Branch Facilities
- Fully equipped Demonstration laboratory
- Adequate Lecture rooms
- Spacious Dining Hall
- Modern Kitchen
- Well-furnished Hostel block
- Modern Dining Hall
Kombewa KMTC Branch Student population
Currently, Kombewa KMTC Branch has about 200 students, a number which is projected to increase in the next intakes.
Kombewa KMTC Branch Clinical experience centres
Kombewa KMTC Branch students use in Kombewa Sub County Hospital in Kisumu County as the major clinical experience site.
Other clinical experience sites within the county include: Jaramogi Oginga Odinga Teaching and Referral Hospital, Kisumu County Hospital, Seme Sub County hospital and Manywanda Sub County Hospital.
Outside the county, Kombewa KMTC Branch students use Kapsabet County Referral Hospital among other hospitals in the neighbouring counties.
Kombewa KMTC Branch Clubs and societies
- Kombewa KMTC Branch Christian Union
- Kombewa KMTC Branch Seventh Day Adventist Group
- Kombewa KMTC Branch catholic action
- Kombewa KMTC Branch red cross.
Kombewa KMTC Branch sports teams
Kombewa KMTC Branch students have formed the following teams, which participate actively in KMTC sports competitions.
- Kombewa KMTC Branch Athletics teams
- Kombewa KMTC Branch Soccer teams
- Kombewa KMTC Branch Volleyball teams
- Kombewa KMTC Branch indoor teams which take part in Chess, Badminton and Draughts
Kombewa KMTC Branch contact details:
KMTC Kombewa Campus,
P.O. BOX 11-40102,
Telephone number: +254721398195
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org