List of Projects to Be Launched by Ruto During His Nyanza Tour
President William Ruto will next week Friday begin his four-day visit to Luo Nyanza to launch and commission various development projects.
According to Interior Permanent Secretary Raymond Omollo, the president’s itinerary will begin in Kisumu before proceeding to Siaya and then to Homa Bay and Migori, in the order stated.
Omollo was speaking Saturday shortly after a meeting will grassroots leaders at the Asembo home of Information Communication and Digital Economy Cabinet Secretary Eliud Owalo to arrange how the head of state will be welcomed.
“We had an elaborate meeting with grassroots leaders drawn from all the regions of Nyanza to appraise them of the planned visit by the president, how we are getting ready to receive him and to inform them on the projects that he will either be launching or commissioning,” the PS said.
Kisumu County Projects
- Kabonyo-Kanyagwal Fish Processing Plant
- Koru-Bible College Road
- Commissioning of the Lake Basin Mall
- Commissioning of MV Uhuru 2 to begin plying its trade in Lake Victoria
Siaya County Projects
- Bondo-Lihunda Road
- A digital laboratory at Mahaya TVC in Asembo, Rarieda Subcounty
- Groundbreaking of a Level 4 Hospital at Siaya Governor James Orengo’s Ugenya backyard
- A digital laboratory at Mutumbu in Gem Constituency
- Attend a thanksgiving ceremony of Gem MP Elisha Odhiambo
Homa Bay Projects
- Launch of Mfangano ring-road
- A visit to Victory Fish Farms in Sindo
- Launch the construction of Sindo-Magunga Roa
- Launch rehabilitation works of Homa Bay Pier (Other piers on the radar of the president are Kendu Bay Pier, Mbita Pier and Asembo Bay Pier)
- A UDA branch office
Migori County Projects
- Last Mile Water Connectivity Project at Kegonga in Kuria East
- Launch of an affordable housing project at Mareba Kuria West
- A meeting with sugarcane farmers in Awendo to resuscitate the sugar sector
- Commissioning of a tuition bloc at Rongo University
Similarly, Owalo said the National Treasury and the World Bank are currently liaising to have the construction of the Lake Victoria Ring Road commenced.
“Lake region ring road is at the core of the infrastructure agenda of the Kenya Kwanza government. The design of that road is complete and we are now at the liaison stage between the national treasury and the World Bank which is funding the road,” Owalo said.
Owalo asserted that the need to have the road constructed has been in the plan for a very long time and that it shall be done by the current regime.
The road has been designed to run along the lake from Busia through Siaya to Kisumu, to Homa Bay up to Migori, he said.
“The road will open up this region for trade and commerce, especially for traders in the blue economy sector,” he said.
On the sugar sector, the CS said that the government is keen on leasing various sugar companies to the private sector to pump in money to settle farmers’ debts, salary arrears of staff and replace obsolete equipment to have the factories work at optimal level.
However, Owalo noted, that there must be high-level consultations and approval by various levels of government.
CS Owalo and Omollo called on both elected leaders in Nyanza and members of the public to come out and welcome President Ruto.