List of Shortlisted Candidates For CUE CEO’s job and their Profiles
Below is a list of all the shortlisted candidates for the Commission for University Education Chief Executive Officer (CEO) job.
- Prof Laban Peter Ayiro-Daystar University VC
- Prof Geoffrey Muluvi-South Eastern Kenya University
- Prof Nathan Oyori Ogechi-DVC (Student Affairs) at Moi University
- Prof John Okumu-DVC (Administration) Kenyatta University
- Prof Christopher Shisanya, a Full Professor of Agroclimatology in the Department of Geography at Kenyatta University
- Prof Emily Achieng’ Akuno- DVC (Academic Affairs) at Co-operative University of Kenya
- Dr Dismus Bulinda
- Prof Elizabeth Wangari Gathuhi- Registrar – Academics at Karatina University
- Dr Everlyne Kisembe
- Prof Mike Kuria
- Prof Dr Benedict Mwavu Mutua
- Prof Francis Gichuki Ndiritu
- Prof Grace Njoroge
- Prof Maurice Oduor Okoth
- Gilbert Opanga- Senior Assistant Commission Secretary (Quality Audit and Standards) at CUE
- Prof Douglas Shitanda
- Prof Jackson Too.
The details are contained in a communication by commission chairman Prof Chacha Nyaigotti.
Those shortlisted will be interviewed for three days starting June 28 to June 30.
The successful candidate will serve a term of five years. The candidate will replace Prof
whose term has expired having served from September 6, 2017.
Prof. Ntarangwi succeeded Prof David Kimutai Some, who had been in charge since 2012.
The first term is however renewable for a further five years’ subject to satisfactory performance and mutual agreement.
Prof Akuno, the DVC (Academic Affairs) at Co-operative University of Kenya will be the first candidate to face the panel on June 28, followed by Prof Ayiro.
Dr Gathuthi, Registrar – Academics at Karatina University and Dr Kisembe will also be interviewed on first day.
The second day will see Prof Njoroge, Prof Kuria, Prof Ndiritu, Prof Dr Mutua and Prof Muluvi face the interview panel.
While Prof Shitanda, Prof Too, Prof Ogechi, Prof Okoth and Opanga, who is the Senior Assistant Commission Secretary (Quality Audit and Standards) at CUE, will wrap the interviews on June 30.
The position attracted 49 applicants.