Respiratory system model
The respiratory model has been designed for teaching gaseous exchange in class six, form two and university biology students in the Kenyan education set up.
13 L water bottle
3 balloons (2 should be smaller, with equal sizes)
- Using a knife, remove the base of the bottle.
- Open the bottle lid and drill a hole through the lid.
- Fix a straw through the hole. Using silicon, fix the straw in position to prevent it from movement. Close the bottle with the strawed lid.
- Cut another straw into two equal halves and attach each half on the lower end of the straw
- Attach a balloon each on the ends of the two branching straws
- Cut the remaining balloon to remove the upper part. Fix the lower part into the lower end of the bottle.