Montessori ECDE Teaching Jobs 2021
Institution: Montessori, ECDE and Learning Support
Company: Educor Kenya Limited
Nature: Full Time
To teach and educate students according to guidelines provided by the approved curricula framework under overall guidance of the competent education authorities.
- Minimum Qualification : Diploma
- Experience Level : Mid level
- Experience Length : 4 years
Job Description / Requirements
Department – Academics
Reports to – Head Teacher
Liaises with – All Internal House staff and departments, peer Teachers, Parents, and Students
Main purpose – To teach and educate students according to guidelines provided by the approved curricula framework under overall guidance of the competent education authorities.
Job scope and context – To teach and educate students according to the educational needs, abilities and attainment potential of individual students entrusted to his / her care by the parents.
Min Educational Requirements and work experience
- Diploma qualifications in teaching; Degree in Education will be an added advantage. Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- At least (4) years’ working experience in similar role or equivalent
Skills and knowledge needed of technology
- Early childcare experience; excellent interpersonal relations; proven facilitation skills; ability to communicate effectively;
diligent, organized and methodical; knowledgeable on use and adoption
- Passionate about children with strong regard for student safety and well being; respectful and able to motivate inspire and build rapport with children;
- excellent team player; good organizational skills; good facilitator;
Key responsibilities :
- Deliver the curricula as relevant to the age and ability group / subject
- Preparation and development of teaching materials, teaching programs e.t.c
- Be accountable for the attainment, progress and outcomes of leaners
- Identify and develop students of special needs; gifted and talented; disabilities e.t.c and use and evaluate distinctive teaching approaches to engage and support them
- Adopt appropriate teaching and instruction methodology in the learning process
- Use an appropriate range of observation, assessment, monitoring and recording strategies as a basis for setting challenging precise learning objectives for students of all backgrounds, abilities and dispositions, monitoring learners progress at all levels.
- Give regular feedback both orally and through accurate constructive feedback and marking in line with policy
- Set homework and plan other out-of-class activities to consolidate and extend the knowledge and understanding for students
- Arrange for examinations and assessments within policy
- Plan and deliver lessons to students in accordance to the lesson plans
- Promote the general progress and well-being of individual learners, groups or assigned class
- Provide guidance and advice to students on educational and social matters and on their further education and future careers.
- Together with the relevant learning assistants / and head of department develop and implement individual educational programs for students with special needs
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities
- Maintain good relationships with students, exercise appropriate authority and act decisively to enforce discipline
- Be a positive role model and demonstrate consistency the positive attitudes, values, and behaviours which are expected of students.
- Participate in in-service education and training courses as well as in Continuing Professional Development (CPD); and taking part in action research exercises
- Maintain good order and discipline amongst learners under one’s control, safeguarding their health and safety
- Participate in staff, group and other meetings related to the school curricula e.t.c. for the better organization and administration of the school.
- Participate in the on-boarding of new teachers
- Participate in school assemblies, parent teacher forums e.t.c.
- Register and monitor the attendance of students
- Communicate, consult and co-operate with other members of the school staff and parents on matters relating to the student welfare
Interested candidates should apply by sending their detailed C.V and copies of certificates and testimonials, daytime contacts and three referees.