Nakuru KMTC Branch History
Nakuru KMTC branch was officially opened in the year 1973 in a grand ceremony commissioned by Mzee Jomo Kenyatta, the premier president of the republic of Kenya.
The first course at Nakuru KMTC Branch was a certificate course in medical assistance, whose students were relocated from Machakos.
Nakuru KMTC Branch location
Nakuru KMTC Branch is located along Crescent Road in Milimani Estate, in the county government of Nakuru.
Nakuru KMTC Branch is built very close to the Nakuru County Hospital.
Nakuru KMTC Branch current Programmes
- A Diploma course in Clinical Medicine and Surgery
- A Diploma course in Nursing
- A Diploma course in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- A Diploma course in Environmental Health Science
- A Diploma course in Pharmacy
- A Diploma course in Nutrition and Dietetics
- A Diploma course in Physiotherapy
- A Diploma course in Health Records and Information Technology
- A Diploma course in Medical Imaging technology
- A Higher Diploma course in Clinical medicine, Anesthesia option
- A Higher Diploma course in Nephrological Nursing
- Upgrade Diploma course in Nursing
- Upgrade Diploma course in Health Records and Information Technology
Nakuru KMTC Branch Facilities
Nakuru KMTC Branch currently has the following facilities;
- A well-maintained college bus, with a capacity of 51 for transport
- A well maintained mini bus, with a capacity of 29 for additional transport
- A well-stocked modern library, with a capacity of 400 students. The library has several reference materials and adequate computers connected to a swift internet for research and assignments
- A well-equipped Computer Laboratory, with adequate computers connected to a reliable internet.
- Adequate spacious Classrooms
- Modern staff offices
- Two modern lecture theatres, furnished with all the learning materials
- Physiotherapy and MIS classrooms at the Nakuru County Hospital
- Adequate hostels for both male and female students
- Well positioned staff quarters at strategic places within Nakuru KMTC Branch.
Nakuru KMTC Branch Student Population
Nakuru KMTC Branch Currently has a total student population that exceeds 1,500, and the population keeps soaring higher.
Nakuru KMTC Branch Clinical Experience facilities
Nakuru referral Hospital serves as the major clinical experience facility used by Nakuru KMTC Branch students during their practical approach to medical related courses.
Nakuru KMTC Branch Clubs and Societies
At Nakuru KMTC Branch, clubs are highly valued since they improve the social and spiritual skills of the students.
- Nakuru KMTC Branch Christian Union
- Nakuru KMTC Branch Young Christian Society
- Nakuru KMTC Branch Muslim group
- Nakuru KMTC Branch Youth friendly Centre
- Nakuru KMTC Branch Conscious youth club
- Nakuru KMTC Branch Seventh day Adventist
- Nakuru KMTC Branch Environment club
- Nakuru KMTC Branch Music festival and cultural club
- Nakuru KMTC Branch HIV/AIDS group
Nakuru KMTC Branch Sports teams
- Nakuru KMTC Branch Football teams for men and women
- Nakuru KMTC Branch Volleyball teams for both men and women
- Nakuru KMTC Branch Netball team for ladies
- Nakuru KMTC Branch Indoor teams for karate, badminton, table tennis, chess and scrabble.
- Nakuru KMTC Branch Athletics teams
- Nakuru KMTC Branch Basketball teams
- Nakuru KMTC Branch Handball teams for both men and women
- Nakuru KMTC Branch Hockey team
- Nakuru KMTC Branch Rugby team
Nakuru KMTC Branch Contact Details
KMTC Nakuru Campus,
P.O. BOX 110-20100,
Telephone number: +254715905209
Email address: [email protected]