Nyeri KMTC Branch Background Information
Nyeri KMTC Branch was established in the year 1947 within Nyeri provincial Hospital. It started as a school enrolled community health nursing.
In the year 1975, the pioneer students to pursue a certificate course in Enrolled Community Health Nursing were admitted at Nyeri KMTC Branch.
Twenty years later, Nyeri KMTC Branch introduced a certificate course in Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing.
An upgrade diploma course in Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing was started at Nyeri KMTC Branch in the year 2004.
Nyeri KMTC Branch location
Nyeri KMTC Branch is located in Nyeri town, within the Nyeri referral hospital, along hospital road.
Nyeri KMTC Branch current Programmes
- Diploma course in Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing.
- Diploma course in Clinical Medicine and Surgery
- Diploma course in Pharmacy
- Diploma course in Medical Imaging Sciences
- Diploma course in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Diploma course in Environmental Health Sciences
Nyeri KMTC Branch projected Courses
Nyeri KMTC Branch projects to introduce the following courses before the year 2022;
- Diploma course in Orthopaedical and Trauma technology
- upgrade Diploma course in Environmental Health Sciences for Distance learning students
- A certificate course Family Medicine
- A certificate course Family Nursing
- A certificate Critical Care Nursing
- A diploma course in Anaesthesia in Clinical Medicine
- Certificate course in Environmental Health Sciences
- Upgrade diploma course in Enrolled Community Health Nursing for Distance learning students.
- Certificate course in Orthopaedical and Trauma technology
Nyeri KMTC Branch Short Courses
- A short course in Medical laboratory Sciences.
- A short course in HIV Training Services
Nyeri KMTC Branch Facilities
- A modern tuition block hosting a properly stocked library, 2 well-staffed laboratories and a fully equipped skills laboratory. The library has free swift and reliable wi-fi connectivity for purposes of online research.
- A fully-equipped ICT laboratory with a super swift Wi-Fi, which enables access to internet in mobile phones and tablets.
- A modern ultrasound gadget for use by the students of Medical Imaging Sciences
Nyeri KMTC Branch Student population
Nyeri KMTC Branch Currently has a student population of about 1000 students. The number keeps soaring higher.
Nyeri KMTC Branch Clinical experience sites
Nyeri level V Hospital serves as the main clinical experience facility for Nyeri KMTC Branch students.
Other facilities that Nyeri KMTC Branch use for clinical experience include; Othaya Hospital, Karatina Hospital, Mukurweini Hospital, Consolata Mathari Hospital, Outspan Hospital, Narumoru Health Center, Warazo Health Center, Gichiche Health Center, Wamagana Health Center and Nyeri Town Health Center.
Nyeri KMTC Branch Clubs and Societies
- Nyeri KMTC Branch Rotaract Club
- Nyeri KMTC Branch Drama club
- Nyeri KMTC Branch Presidential Award Club
- Nyeri KMTC Branch Christian union students
- Nyeri KMTC Branch catholic students’ association
- Nyeri KMTC Branch SDA students
- Nyeri KMTC Branch Muslim students’ association.
Nyeri KMTC Branch sports teams
- Nyeri KMTC Branch Table tennis teams
- Nyeri KMTC Branch Football teams
- Nyeri KMTC Branch Volleyball teams
- Nyeri KMTC Branch Hockey teams
- Nyeri KMTC Branch Basketball teams
- Nyeri KMTC Branch Rugby teams
Nyeri KMTC Branch contact details:
KMTC Nyeri Campus,
P.O. BOX 466–10100,
Telephone number: +254796759944
Email: [email protected]