Nyong’o Dismisses Kisumu Boys, Girls Relocation Claims, A Day After Magoha’s Warning
Kisumu Governor Anyang Nyong’o has scoffed at claims that he advocated for the relocation of Kisumu Boys High School from the city center, saying that he only made the proposal.
In a statement released by the governor, he claimed that a journalist misquoted him as saying that a final decision had been reached over the same.
Nyong’o said the debate is still ongoing and will continue even into the year 2030.
The governor said the debate is p conversations aimed at transforming Kisumu town.
He said the report portrayed him as somebody who does not have a liking towards learning institutions.
Nyong’o insisted that there is no logic for a school to occupy large tracts of land which can be utilized for economic purposes.
He said that the conversation will form part of discussions at the Africities Conference that will kick off on May 17.
On Saturday ,May 7, Education Cabinet Secretary Prof.George Magoha jumped into the spate of reactions in the relocation of the school where he has said that the government will not relocate the school as planned by Kisumu Governor, Anyang’Nyongo.
Other schools within the city center that would be affected by the relocation plans include Kisumu Girls High School and Manyatta Arabs School.