Rachuonyo KMTC Branch History
Rachuonyo KMTC Branch was established in the year 2016 under a collaborative agreement involving the County Government of Homabay, Board of Directors of KMTC and Kasipul Constituency board.
The main objective of establishing the Rachuonyo KMTC Branch was to fill the gap of skilled health care staff shortage in public hospitals. Kasipul constituency had a rough time in the past years since there were available vacancies in the health centres, but inadequate number of applicants. There was therefore a compelling demand to train and deploy health staff within the constituency.
Rachuonyo KMTC Branch very first structures were donations from Rachuonyo Sub-County Hospital. In the year 2017, Rachuonyo KMTC Branch Rachuonyo, constructed a tuition block, with modern lecture halls, using funding from the constituency development kitty.
The first programme at Rachuonyo KMTC Branch, a Certificate course in Health Records and Information Technology, had a total of 75 students in the first cohort.
Towards the end of 2016, Rachuonyo KMTC Branch introduced a diploma course in health promotion.
By the end of the year 2018, Rachuonyo KMTC Branch had introduced an upgrade diploma course in Health Records and Information Technology.
As a participant in the universal health coverage programme launched by president Kenyatta, Rachuonyo KMTC Branch began offering a certificate course in Community Health Assistance in early 2019.
Rachuonyo KMTC Branch location
Rachuonyo KMTC Branch is situated along Kendu Bay-Oyugis road just posterior to Rachuonyo Sub-County Hospital. It is just a few metres from the CBD of Oyugis town.
Rachuonyo KMTC Branch current Programmes
- A Certificate course in Health Records and Information Technology
- Upgrade diploma course in Health Records and Information Technology
- A Certificate course in Community Health Assistance
- A Diploma course in Health Promotion
Rachuonyo KMTC Branch Facilities
- An administration block to host administration offices.
- A well-structured tuition block containing spacious class rooms and lecture rooms.
- Well-networked computer laboratory, with adequate computers.
- Well-staffed Skills laboratory.
- A well-maintained Ablution block
Rachuonyo KMTC Branch Student population
Rachuonyo KMTC Branch currently has a total student population of about 300, and the population is projected to increase soon.
Rachuonyo KMTC Branch Clinical experience sites
The main clinical experience facilities for Rachuonyo KMTC Branch students are Rachuonyo subcounty Hospital and Gendia hospital.
Other clinical experience facilities for Rachuonyo KMTC Branch include: Homabay Referral Hospital, Kisumu subcounty Hospital, Mombasa Referral Hospital, Bomet Referral Hospital, Malindi Referral Hospital, Kakamega Referral Hospital, Vihiga level 5 Hospital, Siaya level 5 Hospital, Kisii County level 5 Hospital, Nyamira Referral Hospital, Mbagathi Hospital and Mathari Hospital
Rachuonyo KMTC Branch Clubs and Societies
- Rachuonyo KMTC Branch SDA students
- Rachuonyo KMTC Branch catholic students’ association
- Rachuonyo KMTC Branch Christian union.
- Rachuonyo KMTC Branch Muslim students’ association
- Rachuonyo KMTC Branch presidential award.
Rachuonyo KMTC Branch sports teams
- Rachuonyo KMTC Branch football teams
- Rachuonyo KMTC Branch volleyball teams
- Rachuonyo KMTC Branch netball team
- Rachuonyo KMTC Branch athletics teams
Rachuonyo KMTC Branch contact details
KMTC Rachuonyo Campus,
P.O. Box 148–40222,
Telephone number: +254725218887/ +254713430584
Email address: email@example.com