Teachers to Upload schemes, notes and lesson plans in TSC provided E-mails
A couple of months ago, teachers were instructed by the teachers service commission to activate their emails. The 90 day exercise is ending on 30th April 2021, beyond which no more email activations will be accepted for the teachers who are currently in service. Teachers who have not activated their emails should click here to avoid these consequences.
A section of teachers who complied simply did it without foreseeing the logics in acquiring a TSC provided email, yet TSC already had their emails. Furthermore, no one questioned why TSC opted for Microsoft outlook365 or Microsoft office365.
Microsoft outlook365 is very unique and advanced compared to other email platforms like yahoo and Gmail. Some of its unique features include;
- In built office packages like word, excel and publisher, PowerPoint, outlook, etc
- Onedrive for cloud storage of documents. These documents can be edited within the email without downloading them
- Teams for creating groups of a common interest
- Sway for sharing documents
- Sharepoint for sharing documents
Looking at those features, one can easily judge the intention of TSC with those emails after 30th, despite them being idle for the last three months.
A TSC insider left our team in suspense when approached concerning those emails. “The commission is working round the clock to digitize everything including lesson notes and schemes of work. Filling of TPAD also requires permanent evidence, which only outlook365 can retain for a big number of people like teachers. Remember teachers just talk of having these documents yet there is nothing on the ground. They award themselves appraisal marks for collaboration in TPAD, yet there is nothing to show. I hope you now understand the relevance of office365,” she told elimupedia team.
It is now evident that teachers will upload the following in their office365 emails;
- Daily lesson notes used and associated lesson plans. These will be uploaded daily in note book.
- Any quizzes, Cats and Exams given with their marking schemes. These will be uploaded under forms Forms.
- Schedule of meetings.
- Minutes of meetings held.
- Student progress records and marks for Cats exams. These Will be uploaded in excel
- Prepared class videos for ICT integration. These will be uploaded under stream.
- Sharing of reports in sway.
- Team work activities will be uploaded under teams
- Streamed lesson videos of classroom lessons will be uploaded under Videos.
- Schemes of work
Everything done by the teacher daily will be loaded in files on His/ her email. The Microsoft Email shall be like a data base to store the activities of the teacher on daily basis. Matters Transfer, Promotion, Discipline, Appointment Shall be pegged on the data as uploaded on the email account. teachers who will not have complied will like face these consequences.