TSC Advertises 1,995 Internship Posts For primary and secondary-Application Procedure
In support of the Government’s Initiative to develop a pool of young talents for the Kenyan La-
bour Market, Teachers Service Commission invites applications from qualified candidates to fill 1,995
teacher internship posts. The posts include 1,030 for primary schools and 957 for secondary schools.
The Teacher Internship Programme is a one (1) year programme meant to equip and sustain competencies of persons entering teaching service. The programme targets unemployed registered teachers to be assigned to learning institutions where their teaching experience will be enhanced through mentorship, coaching and exposure to practical teaching experience
To quality, an applicant must at the time of application meet the following basic requirements:
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Must be a registered teacher with Teachers Service Commission
- Be a holder of a Pl Certificate for Primary school teachers and a minimum of a Diploma in
- Education Certificate for Secondary school teachers,
- Have original academic and professional certificates.
- Should not have been in previous employment with the Teachers Service Commission as a
- teacher on permanent terms.
- Be ready to be posted to any public educational Institution in Kenya;
- Must have a Personal accident Insurance to cover for personal risks during the internship period.
In addition, successful applicants shall be required to produce.
- A copy of the National identity Card (ID) or Passport
- A copy of Teacher Registration Certificate/print out from Teachers Service Commission online
- portal as evidence of registration as a teacher
- A copy of National Council for Persons with Disability (NCPWD) card (where applicable)
- A valid certificate of good conduct
- Two (2) colored passport size photographs
- A copy of National Health insurance fund (NHIF) card
- A copy of Kenya Revenue Authority Personal Identification Number (KRA PIN)
The Internship period will be for 12 months
This is not a remunerative engagement. However, teacher Interns attached to Primary schools will be
eligible for a monthly stipend of Kshs.15, 000/-, while those attached to Secondary schools will be
eligible for a monthly stipend of Kshs. 20,000/
The stipend will be paid subject to statutory deductions, where applicable.
On successful completion of the Internship Programme, teacher interns will be awarded a certificate.
Interested and qualified candidates, are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the
Teachers Service Commission Website: www.tsc.go.ke under ‘Careers ‘or www.teachersonline
go.ke by Monday, 27th September, 2021.
Serving teacher interns are not eligible to apply.
For detailed information on application procedure and the available vacancies per County and
institution, you are advised to visit the tsc Website, www.tsc.go.ke.
Manual applications will not be considered.
The Teacher Service Commission is an equal opportunity employer and persons with
disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.
The recruitment exercise is undertaken free of charge. The Teachers Service Commission forewarns
applicants against fraudsters who might extort money from unsuspecting applicants or any
person purporting to assist in the recruitment. Any Fraudulent activity in regard to this advert should be reported directly to the nearest Teachers Service Commission office or to Teachers Service Commission Headquarters through the following telephone lines Director Staffing (0202892193):Deputy Director Staffing (02028921311