TSC Interview Questions and Answers-For Promotion To Job groups C4, C5, D1, D2, D3, D4, D5
Preparing for TSC interviews for job groups C4, C5, D1, D2, D3, D4 and D5? Panic not for this guide has been specially designed for you. It brings you an insight into the possible questions you can be asked in during such interviews and how to tackle all of them.
Apart from the questions, ensure you have updated your TPAD and have your file, with all the requirements in the TSC check list.
1. What are the national goals of education?
- To foster nationalism, patriotism and promote national unity.
- To promote social, economic, technological and industrial needs for national development.
- To provide individual development and self-fulfillment.
- To promote social equality and responsibility.
- To promote sound moral and religious values
- To promote international consciousness and a positive attitude towards other nations.
- To promote a positive attitude towards good health and the environment.
2. What is the structure of the Ministry of education?
Cabinet Secretary, 3 Principal Secretaries, Director…
3. What is the overall role of the Minister for Education?
- Formulation of policy direction and management of professional functions relating to education.
- Developing and implementing projects and programmes.
- Developing curriculum.
- Initiating training programmes.
- Running examinations.
- Giving grant-in-aid to schools.
- Dealing with audit report
- Admitting and transferring students.
- Dealing with discipline of students.
4. Who publishes for the Ministry of Education?
5. What is the structure of the T.S.C?
Chairperson, Deputy, Secretary, Directorate
6. What are the TSC core values?
- Customer focus
- Team spirit
7. Outline the TSC mission and vision.
8. What is inscribed in the TSC platform?
9. What are the functions of TSC?
Teachers Service Commission is mandated to perform the following functions:
- to register trained teachers;
- to recruit and employ registered teachers;
- to assign teachers employed by the Commission for service in any public school or institution;
- to promote and transfer teachers;
- to exercise disciplinary control over teachers;
- To terminate the employment of teachers.
- review the standards of education and training of persons entering the teaching service;
- review the demand for and the supply of teachers;
- Advise the national government on matters relating to the teaching profession.
Possible 2020 TSC Internship Interview Questions
Basic Salary Scales of TSC Senior Principals (T-scale 14) and How To Become One
Basic Salary Scales of TSC Chief Principals (T-scale 15) and How To Become One
Sossion Confident Of Re-Election For A Third Term In Next Year’s KNUT Polls
KUPPET Branch Threatens To Strike In January
Teachers’ Basic Salary Scales After Phase 2 of Pension Deductions
Teachers’ Basic Salary Scales After Final Phase of Pension Deductions
10. What empowers T.S.C to carry out its functions?
- The TSC Act (Cap212) of 1967
- The Constitution of Kenya Article 237(2) of 2010
11. What is the role of the secretary T.S.C?
Under the guidance of the Commission, the Secretary will perform the following duties:-
- Execute the decisions of the Commission.
- Be the head of the Secretariat.
- Facilitate, coordinate and ensure execution of the Commission’s mandate.
- Advise the Commission on teacher projections to facilitate staffing of learning institutions.
- Advise and make recommendations to the Commission on optimum utilization of available teachers.
- Make recommendations to the Commission on appointment and deployment to administrative posts in educational institutions. TSC Interview Questions and Answers
- Ensure maintenance of the register of teachers and be custodian of all records of the Commission.
- Be the Accounting officer of the Commission and ensure proper and diligent implementation of Part IV of the TSC Act and any other written law.
- Ensure staff compliance with the constitution and other laws.
- Be responsible for administration and management of the secretariat resources.
- Promote professionalism in the teaching service.
- Advise the Commission on suitability of persons entering the teaching service.
12. What is the role of K.l.C.D., inspectorate and K.N.E.C?
The Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development (KICD) is mandated to perform the following functions:
- Advise the Government on matters pertaining to curriculum development
- Evaluate, vet and approve, for application in Kenya, any local and foreign curricula and curriculum support materials in relation to the levels of education and training
- Implement the policies relating to curriculum development in basic and tertiary education and training;
- Develop, review and approve programmes, curricula and curriculum support materials that meet international standards for— (i) early childhood care, development and education; (ii) pre-primary education; (iii) primary education; (iv) secondary education; (v) adult, continuing and non-formal education; (vi) teacher education and training; (vii) special needs education; and (viii) technical and vocational education and training.
- Initiate and conduct research to inform curriculum policies, review and development.
- Collect document and catalogue information on curricula, curriculum support materials and innovations to create a data bank and disseminate the information to educational institutions, learners and other relevant organizations
- Print, publish and disseminate information relating to curricula for basic and tertiary education and training
- Collaborate with other individuals and institutions in organizing and conducting professional development programmes for teachers, teacher trainers, quality assurance and standards officers and other officers involved in education and training on curriculum programmes and materials
- Develop disseminate and transmit programmes and curriculum support materials through mass media, electronic learning, distance learning and any other mode of delivering education and training programmes and materials
- Promote equity and access to quality curricula and curriculum support materials
- Offer consultancy services in basic and tertiary education and training
- Incorporate national values, talent development and leadership values in curriculum development
- Receive, consider, develop and review curriculum proposals
- Perform such other function as may be assigned to it under the KICD Act No.4 of 2013 or any other written law. NEXT QUESTION..
Thanks for reading our article. Funds From this blog goes towards needy children. Kindly Support them by clicking the button below:
You are doing a recommendable job kuddos