Urgent Call For Examiners-Apply Now
The public service commission is in need of trained examiners. The Public Service Commission is established under Article 233 of the Constitution. The mandate of the Commission is set out in Articles 234, 155(3) (a),158 (2)(3) and (4), 171 (2) and 230(2) (b) of the Constitution of Kenya.
It entails provision of competent human resource, promotion of good governance and ensuring efficiency and effectiveness in the provision of quality services in the Public Service as underpinned in Article 232.
The Commission uses promotional examinations as a tool in human resource management as stipulated in Section 51 of the Public Service Commission Act,2017. Regulation 34(2) of the Public Service Commission Regulations, 2020 provides that examinations administered by the Commission shall be designed to achieve merit as the basis of appointment and promotions in the Public Service.
The Commission therefore seeks applications for examiners in the following subject areas:
|s. no||SUBJECT||NUMBER OF EXAMINERS|
|2||Government Organization Functions and practice||3|
|3||Public Relations and Customer Care||3|
|4||Governance and civil Service Regulations||3|
|7||Human Resource Management as practiced in Government||3|
|8||Supply Chain Management||3|
OBJECTIVE OF THE ENGAGEMENT
The overall objective of the engagement is to undertake a capacity building program in test development and marking of promotional examinations administered by the Public Service Commission including:
i.The Proficiency Examination for Clerical Officers;
- The Administrative Officers’ Examination;
iii. The Assistant Legal Metrology Officers Examination Parts I& II.
Details Terms of Reference and other terms of engagement will be provided to successful applicants.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR ENGAGEMENT AS AN EXAMINER
Applicants will be required to meet the following minimum requirements:
- a) Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in the relevant subject area;
- Professional Qualification in relevant subject areas of interest where applicable;
- b) Work Experience
- At least six years’ experience in professional practice, research or training;
- Evidence of having worked as a contracted professional in other examination bodies will be an added advantage.
- c) other requirements that successful candidates will be expected to demonstrate include:
i.Must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution on leadership and integrity;
- Ability to work within strict timelines as shall be specified by the Commission; and
iii. Ability to maintain security, confidentiality and integrity of the examination process on engagement.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
- Applicants should apply for not more than two (2) subject areas in order of priority and expertise.
- The areas selected should ideally be in the same subject cluster.
iii. The application should be in soft copy (PDF)format and not more than three (3) pages.
- Only persons who have never been trained by the Public Service Commission as a test developer or an examiner should apply.
- Application to be addressed to the following address:
Public Service Commission
P.O Box 30095-00100
Not later than 22nd July 2022.