Voi KMTC Branch History
Voi KMTC Branch was established in the year 2016 so as to generate more health care professionals, who would help reduce the rate of disease infections in the area.
The establishment of Voi KMTC Branch involved partnership between the board of directors KMTC and the county service board of Taita Taveta county, after it came out clear that Taita Taveta county lacked a single KMTC campus. Voi KMTC Branch therefore prides itself to be the pioneer KMTC in the whole county.
Because it has a huge unused land and enjoys undeniable stake holder support, Voi KMTC Branch administration is optimistic that the campus is going to expand massively in terms of Programmes, infrastructure and student population.
Voi KMTC Branch location
Voi KMTC Branch is located precisely a KM from the CBD of Voi town, off the busy Nairobi- Mombasa highway.
It is just approximately 2 kilometers from the Voi station Standard Gauge Railway, if accessed from the station.
Voi KMTC Branch current Programmes
- A Diploma course in Clinical Med and Surgery.
- A Diploma course in Community Health Nursing.
- A Certificate course in Health Records and Information Technology.
Voi KMTC Branch Facilities
Voi KMTC Branch currently has the following facilities.
- Fully equipped Modern skills laboratory, enhancing quality skills among trainees.
- Modern spacious class and lecture rooms, with proper vents and lighting.
- A well-organized library whose capacity exceeds 200 students. It is fully stocked with medical books and reference medical journals for all units in health sciences.
- Well positioned staff offices
- A kitchen, with affordable meals and a variety of cuisines
- Adequate well-maintained sanitary offices, with constant water supply.
- Adequate space for expansion in any direction.
- A well-maintained college bus.
- Adequate hostels for accommodating both gender.
Voi KMTC Branch enrolment
Voi KMTC Branch currently has an enrolment of over 200 students, and the number is projected to be higher since this enrolment is far much lower than the resources in place.
Voi KMTC Branch Clinical experience facilities
Students of Voi KMTC Branch gain most of their clinical experience from Voi level 4 hospital.
All health facilities within Taita Taveta county and in the neighbouring counties all serve as good facilities for clinical experience to Voi KMTC Branch students.
Clubs and Societies
- Voi KMTC Muslim students’ association
- Voi KMTC Branch Christian union
- Voi KMTC Branch catholic students’ association
- Voi KMTC Branch SDA.
Voi KMTC Branch sports teams
- Voi KMTC Branch volleyball teams
- Voi KMTC Branch football teams
- Voi KMTC Branch athletics teams
- Voi KMTC Branch netball team
Voi KMTC Branch Contact details
KMTC Voi Campus,
P.O. Box 18-80300,
Telephone number: +254721641540
Email address: [email protected]