Busia KMTC Branch Background Information
Kenya Medical Training College KMTC, Busia branch is among the 71 constituent branches of KMTC.
Busia KMTC Branch was established in the year 2003 by Vice President Moody Awori, who served as the vice president of the republic of Kenya between 2003-2007. He obtained full support from the community and the KMTC Board of Directors.
Official commissioning of the Busia KMTC Branch was done in the tear 2005 by His Excellency President Mwai Kibaki.
Towards the end of 2014, governor Sospeter Ojaamong laid the foundation stone for the construction of Busia KMTC Branch. phase one of the construction of Busia KMTC Branch ended in July 2016.
Busia KMTC Branch was authenticated by the Clinical Officers Council in the same year in November and by mid-November, the first cohort of Busia KMTC Branch students had been admitted to pursue a diploma course in clinical medicine.
Early 2017, Busia KMTC Branch introduced a diploma programme in Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing and the first cohort of students for the course were admitted.
Currently, the total student population at Busia KMTC Branch is over 500 and the student population is projected to rise further.
Busia KMTC Branch Location
Busia KMTC Branch is located in Busia town close to the county referral hospital of Busia, on a 4.5 acre piece of land.
Busia KMTC Branch Current Programmes
- Diploma course in Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing
- Diploma course in Clinical Medicine and Surgery
Busia KMTC Branch Projected Courses
- Certificate courses in Community Health Nursing
- Upgrade diploma course in Orthopaedic Trauma Medicine
Busia KMTC Branch Facilities
- Well-constructed Administration block
- 24-hour Common room
- Adequate Classrooms
- Fully-furnished Skills lab
- Well stuffed library
- A modern computer lab
- A spacious all-purpose hall
- A modern Kitchen
Busia KMTC Branch Clinical experience centres
County Referral Hospital of Busia is the major clinical experience training Hospital for the Busia KMTC Branch students. Rural clinical experience centres include Alupe Sub-County Hospital, Port Victoria Sub-County Hospital, Sio-port Health Centre, Bumala Health Centre, Lukolis Health Centre, Nambale Sub-County Hospital, Amukura Health Centre, among others.
Busia KMTC Branch Clubs and Societies
- Busia KMTC Branch Catholic Students Association
- Busia KMTC Branch Christian Union
- Busia KMTC Branch Muslim Students Association
- Busia KMTC Branch Seventh Day Adventist
Busia KMTC Branch Sports teams
- Busia KMTC Branch Football team
- Busia KMTC Branch Volleyball team
- Busia KMTC Branch Handball teams
- Busia KMTC Branch Hockey teams
- Busia KMTC Branch Indoor games teams.
Read also: Bungoma KMTC Branch
Busia KMTC Branch Contact Details
Kenya Medical Training College
P.O. BOX 970-50400
Telephone number :+254722217259
Email : [email protected]