Thika KMTC Branch history
Thika KMTC Branch was established in the year 1969, under financial aid from the government of Norway. The main aim of establishing Thika KMTC Branch was generate enrolled nurses, midwives, and public officers to be deployed at post independent rural medical centres in Kenya.
The first cohort, totaling 35 students, were admitted at Thika KMTC Branch in June to pursue in enrolled community health nursing at certificate level. The KMTC campus admitted strictly females, till the year 1980. These ladies resided in the premises of the director.
Official opening of Thika KMTC Branch occurred in the same year in November, presided over by H.E Mzee Jomo Kenyatta, the premier President of Kenya.
The first administrators of Thika KMTC Branch were Norwegian citizens. The Norwegian director and 3 lectures managed Thika KMTC Branch from 1966 to 1973.
In the year 1998, Thika KMTC Branch introduced an upgrade diploma course in Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing.
In the year 2005, Thika KMTC Branch a diploma course in clinical Med, followed by a certificate course in Nutrition and Diet technology.
Thika KMTC Branch location
Thika KMTC Branch is located in Thika town, within the county government of Kiambu, close t to Thika referral Hospital.
Thika KMTC Branch current Programmes
- Certificate course in Nutrition and Diet technology
- Certificate course in Orthopaedical Plaster Technology
- Diploma course in Clinical Med and Surgery
- Diploma course in Community Health Nursing
- Diploma course in Nutrition and Diet technology
- Upgrade Diploma course in Nutrition and Diet technology
- Higher Diploma course in Anaesthesia
- Higher Diploma course in Critical Care Nursing
Thika KMTC Branch Short Courses
- Diseases Infection, Prevention and Control
- HTC Services
- Integrated Approach to Nutrition and Critical Care
Thika KMTC Branch projected courses
- Higher Diploma course in Geriatric Nursing.
- Higher Diploma course in Family Medicine.
- Higher Diploma course in Clinical Med and Reproductive Health.
Thika KMTC Branch Facilities
- Properly-equipped Skills Laboratory, with simulation patients
- Administrative offices, strategically located.
- Modern Computer laboratory, with all computers connected to a fast internet
- Properly-stocked library, with adequate medical reference books.
- Modern Hostels with, alternative of electricity and water.
- Spacious Dining Hall
- Well maintained college bus
Thika KMTC Branch enrolment
Thika KMTC Branch Currently has about 1000 students and the number grows bigger with each intake.
Thika KMTC Branch Clinical Experience facilities
Thika KMTC Branch students rely on Thika Referral Hospital for their clinical experience since it is a very short walking distance from the college.
For Rural clinical experience, Thika KMTC Branch use any Health centre in Kiambu county or in the counties neighbouring Kiambu.
Thika KMTC Branch Clubs and societies
- Thika KMTC Branch Christian union
- Thika KMTC Branch Catholic students
- Thika KMTC Branch Environmental Club
- Thika KMTC Branch Student Representative Council
- Thika KMTC Branch SDA students
- Thika KMTC Branch Muslim students
Thika KMTC Branch sports teams
- Thika KMTC Branch athletics teams
- Thika KMTC Branch football teams
- Thika KMTC Branch netball team
- Thika KMTC Branch volleyball teams
Thika KMTC Branch contact details
KMTC Thika Campus,
P.O. Box 729-0100,
Telephone number: +254778191304
Email address: [email protected]