KUCCPS New Instructions to 2022 University, TVET and TTC Applicants
The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) wishes to announce that:
- The online application system for placement to universities and colleges under Government Sponsorship is now
open until Thursday, June 2, 2022.
• All the 2021 KCSE candidates who applied for courses at school and would wish to revise their choices are invited to
do so. Those who did not apply at school can also submit their applications within the period.
What are the minimum requirements?
- The overall minimum entry requirement for Degree courses is a mean grade of C+.
• The overall minimum entry requirement for Diploma courses is C- (minus); for Craft Certificate courses is D (plain); and for Artisan Certificate courses is E.
Who can apply?
- Application for degree courses is open only to the KCSE examination class of 2021 (applicants with C+ and above).
• Form Four Leavers who sat the KCSE examination between the years 2000 and 2021 and have never been placed by
KUCCPS are eligible to apply for courses at all levels except Degree. (i.e. they can only apply for courses offered in
the TVET colleges)
• Form Four Leavers who sat for KCSE between the years 2000 and 2021 and scored C (plain) and above are eligible
to apply for placement to Primary Teacher Training Colleges (TTCs).
• Application to Primary TTCs is also open to Kenyans who have done other courses but wish to train to become
teachers, those with foreign qualifications and non-Kenyan citizens.
• All applications must be submitted online through the KUCCPS Student’s Portal, students.kuccps.net.
• Application guidelines, available programmes, minimum subject requirements and applicants’ weighted cluster
points (cluster weights) are available on the portal.
How to Apply
- Visit the KUCCPS website www.kuccps.ac.ke and click Student’s Portal tab.
2. On the portal, click the Login tab.
3. To log in, enter your KCSE Index Number, your KCSE year and your password. (Your password is your KCPE index
number OR your birth certificate number.)
4. Once logged in, view the available courses, universities and TVET colleges on the Programmes and Institutions
tabs. When you find the courses you want and qualify for, add them to the Basket or note down their programme
5. To apply, click Application/Revision and key in the programme codes in the provided form in the order or priori-
ty. (If you enter a code for a course you don’t qualify for, the system will reject it and you will have to enter a code
for another course. Repeat this until all codes are accepted).
6. Once the system has accepted all your programme codes, Submit.
7. To complete your submission, follow the payment procedures that will appear on your screen.
8. For detailed guidelines, download and read the Student’s Guide available on the portal under Downloads.
Applicants who may need support are advised to visit our officers stationed in the Huduma Centres located in Nairobi
(GPO), Mombasa, Kisumu, Nyeri, Garissa, Kitui, Eldoret, Kakamega, Meru, Kitale, Thika, Isiolo, Narok, Laikipia and Nakuru,or any other Huduma Centre countrywide.
Advisory on Fraudulent Sites
Applicants are advised to beware of potentially fraudulent social media pages and websites providing false and misleading
information about the placement process. To verify information about the placement process, check the mainstream
media, KUCCPS website and the KUCCPS social media pages shown below:
Facebook: @the.placement.service | Twitter: @KUCCPS_Official (with a blue tick).